From October 16-23, 2011, 9 students from the Creighton Center for Service and Justice visited the Columban Mission Center in El Paso, Texas. They learned about immigration, human rights, the environment in the context of the U.S.-Mexico Border. Upon their return this is what they shared.
All you need is 10 days to two weeks for an encounter that will change your life.
Testimony: “As a result of the trip, I look at the world and the people in it differently.” – Pam S.
If you are interested in…
- Experiencing Columban mission first-hand
- Discerning long-term mission service
- Organizing a trip for your group at a university, parish, or other community
- Meeting Columban missionaries and the communities in which they live and work
- Experiencing your faith in a world different from your own
- Learning new ways to ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’ Mk 12:31
… Then you should learn more about our Mission Exposure trips!
El Paso, Texas
- Draw near to migrants, refugees and the impoverished, and to the people who work in organizations on their behalf.
- We accept groups of up to 12 people. All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- We accept parish groups, Catholic/Christian/other faith-based groups, university groups (ideal for spring or fall breaks!), and other community groups!
- Trip duration can vary but most experiences are between five and eight days
- Dates for border exposure trips available.
October 28-November 4
email or call for more details, 301-565-4547 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our different ministries including a school for special-needs children, a bakery run by single mothers, and environmental projects
- Visit Columban parishes and meet members of the community
- March 17-31, 2012
- Walk in the footsteps of the first Columban missionaries
- Encounter modern China and meet present day Columban missionaries
- Witness the connections between the past, present and future of the
- Missionary Society of St. Columban
• The cost of the exposure trip to Peru is $750 plus travel to Lima, Peru.
• The cost of the exposure trip to China is $2,000 plus travel to and from China.
• Knowledge of a foreign language is not necessary, and a Columban guide will accompany the group at all times of the exposure trip.
Or contact Brian Radziwill for more information: 301-565-4547 or email@example.com