Have you considered how you will serve? Our Missionary Society involves priests, sisters, lay missionaries, staff and volunteers from around the world, all of whom have answered the call.
Come & See Weekend
Learn more about our weekend for those discerning a possible vocation.
About the Columbans
- Read about Being a Missionary Priest
- Learn how you can use your unique talents while being a Missionary Priest
- For Families of those considering a vocation
- Read our latest archived chat with Fr. Bill Morton
From the Columbans
- When they felt the call
- Why they chose the Columbans
- On choosing Missionary Priesthood
- On being a missionary in the 21st Century
- Letter from Fr. Bill
“My mission comes not from the bishop who ordained me; it comes from the priest who baptized me, and that baptism sticks with me all my life.” Columban Fr. Tony Mortell
Fr. Mortell’s strong words remind us that our baptism calls us to mission. That fateful day opened our hearts to the possibilities of God’s call. The Columban Fathers live out that calling by living among the poor, the disadvantaged, and those who haven’t heard the Good News.
If you are ready to talk further, contact us and we’ll explain more about what it means to be a missionary, a Columban Father, and we’ll listen carefully to your questions. Discernment is personal, spiritual and unique to each of us, just as God’s plans for us have been since that baptismal day.