We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
In this Way of the Cross we accompany Jesus on his sorrowful journey to Calvary. We walk with him through the streets of Jerusalem, following the traditional pilgrim route, along the Via Dolorosa, the Way of Sorrow, which has been followed by pilgrims for centuries, and which corresponds, as far as is possible today, with the route Jesus would have taken.
Through the busy streets of the Old City we pause at each telling moment, or station, to share with the Lord in his desolation. We seek to draw closer to him as we walk in his steps, as we sense his suffering, and the resolution with which he struggled to endure his agony an d so accomplish his father’s will for each and every one of us.
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust