We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
Lord Jesus Christ, we ask you to be with us in a special way as we now begin this walk with you, and accompany you on your journey of Sorrow.
May we draw closer to you as we share the moments of your Passion.
May we understand more deeply the love with which you offered yourself so willingly on the Cross for our sakes.
May we be inspired with a true sorrow for all our faults and failings.
And may we amend our ways so that we can follow you more closely in our daily lives, and show love to those we meet. Amen.
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust