We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you are condemned to death,
even to death on a cross.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
As you stand before the people
They clamor for your to be crucified,
And their shouts grow louder.
Pilate can find no case against you,
But as they threaten a riot
He finally washes his hands
Of your innocent blood, and gives you up
For them to deal with you as they please.
Knowing it is ordained for you
To suffer in this way, you accept it all.
You are ready to drink the cup of suffering
And you are condemned to be crucified.
Lord, the hour has come, the bitter hour.
You stand condemned by the world,
And in return show only love.
For the times I condemn you,
By shutting you out of my life;
For the times I shut out others too;
As I think of you condemned for us all,
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust