We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you willingly take up your cross
for our good and that of all the world.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
No you are at the mercy of the soldiers.
They strip you and then scourge you.
They twist thorns together into a crown
And place it on your head;
They clothe you in a purple cloak,
And put a reed in your right hand
While kneeling before you in mockery.
They taunt and make fun of you,
Spit on your and strike your head.
Then they dress you in your own clothes
And lead you out to crucify you.
You go like a lamb led to slaughter.
Lord, with a willing and generous heart
You take up your cross.
You shoulder the burden of our faults,
To heal and redeem our world.
I have been so slow to take up my cross,
To turn from sin and follow you.
Now as I think of you bearing my faults,
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust