We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because be your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you were burdened
with the faults of us all.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
You carry your own cross
As you begin the way to Calvary.
You are resolute and determined
To accomplish all the Father asks of you.
Yet you must be weak from the beatings,
Weary from the questionings,
Exhausted from the scourging.
Under the burden of your cross
We picture you falling to the ground.
But though afflicted and stricken,
You gladly, willingly, move on,
For with every step you atone for our sins
As you carry the burden of our misdeeds.
Lord, ours are faults you carry,
Ours the griefs you bear,
Ours the sorrows that weigh upon you.
For the times I fall in my weakness,
And fail to show love to others;
As I see you falling under my sin,
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust