We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you carry the guilt of us all,
A guilt almost too much to endure
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
You are being taken out of the city,
For you are deemed unworthy to die
Within its walls. You are now an outcast.
The soldiers come across Simon of Cyrene
Who has just come in from the country.
They seize him and order him to help.
With you he carries the cross
He shares your burden,
And in this is the invitation to us all
To share in your work, in your suffering,
To follow you with a willing heart.
Lord, may we shoulder your burden
And learn from you,
For you are meek and humble of heart.
For the times I have failed to help you,
And failed to ease the burdens of others;
As I think of Simon’s help to you in need,
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust