We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you are overwhelmed
With the sins of us all.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
Lord, how long will they assail you?
They try to pull you down,
As if you were a tottering wall
Or a tumbling fence (Ps 61).
In a torrent of fury the cries of the wicked
Bring down evil upon you.
As we follow your way to Calvary
We can imagine you falling again.
We sense how overwhelmed you are
With the burden placed upon you;
Not just the physical burden of the Cross,
But the huge weight of our wrongdoing.
Lord, your heart is stricken within you,
Trembling and fear fall upon you,
And horror overwhelms you (Ps 52).
Lord, for the times I fall from your love
When I am weighed down by the burden
Of my unworthiness before you:
As I see you overwhelmed with grief
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust