We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you comfort us in our sorrows
You give rest to our weary spirits.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
A large crowd follows you,
Together with a group of women
Who bewail and lament for you.
You turn towards them to comfort them.
“Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me,
But for yourselves and for your children.
For if they do this when the wood is green,
What will happen when it is dry?”
Lord, how can you be concerned for others
When you are suffering so much?
But you are. You are concerned for us all.
Lord you understand our grief and pain,
You seek to comfort all who mourn,
And all the weary and overburdened.
So often I have failed to show compassion,
Such countless selfish moments in my life!
As I see you comfort the women who cry,
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust