We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you are the seed that falls and dies
You fall to the ground
but bear much fruit.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
Your spirit is faint; no place of refuge
Remains for you. You are brought low.
We picture you now even weaker,
Ever more exhausted.
This climb has been continuous
And now you take the final steps
Up the hill to Calvary.
Taunts have broken your heart,
You have been crushed by evil
And have reached the end of your strength.
We picture you falling yet again.
Lord, by submitting yourself to shame,
By humbling yourself to the dust
You gain pardon for us all.
So often I am proud and disdainful,
And fail to show concern for others;
So often I crush them with criticism!
As I contemplate you crushed in the dust
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust