We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you endure the loss of everything
To win us the crown of glory.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
They finally bring you to Golgotha,
To the place called the Skull.
Now the soldiers strip you,
And divide your garments among them.
Your tunic is seamless, woven as one,
So they cast lots to see who will have it,
So fulfilling the words of scripture.
You suffer the loss of everything,
But could have gained the whole world
Without suffering, if you had succumbed
To the Temptations in the desert.
Lord you did not choose to please yourself
But for our sakes, chose the way of suffering.
For this we praise and thank you.
When I have given in to temptation,
Choosing to please myself, not you,
Clothing myself in sin and its trappings,
As I think of you stripped of everything,
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust