We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you are pierced for our faults
Nailed to the Cross to set us free.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
Now you are nailed to the cross.
Now your pain is more intense than ever.
Yet instead of condemning, you pray,
“Father, forgive them,
For they know now what they do.”
Passers-by jeer and taunt you, saying,
“Come off the cross now,
And we will believe you!”
Yet in your deepest agony
You wish only to forgive.
Lord, look kindly on us,
Forgive us all that needs your mercy,
All our wrongdoing in life,
All that separates us from you.
For the times I fail to forgive others,
When I harbor resentments or grudges,
As I think of the nails piercing your flesh
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust