We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, for our good your offered your body
And endured the agony of the Cross.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
You hang there enduring the pain,
Twisting in agony, fighting for breath;
You can count every one of your bones.
You speak lovingly to your mother
Who stands at the foot of the Cross.
You speak encouragingly to the thief.
For hours, as darkness covers the land,
You gasp in thirst, then cry out:
Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!
You breathe your last, and bow your head.
You have accomplished the sacrifice
That takes our sins away.
Lord, no greater love is there than this,
That you lay down your life for your friends.
And you call us friends, for you love us.
For the times I have died to grace
And lived in the clutches of sin,
The many times I have ignored your love.
As I contemplate your death on the Cross
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust