We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, you are the unblemished lamb,
Your blood is poured out for us.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
Soldiers now come and break the legs
Of the two crucified with you.
Your legs they do not break,
For you are already dead.
But one of the soldiers pierces your side,
And at once blood and water flow out.
After this Pilate allows Joseph of Arimathaea
To take your body down from the cross.
You gave your all for us,
Every last drop of your blood,
As the unblemished Lamb of Sacrifice.
Lord, your body you gave up for us,
Your blood you poured out for us,
You are the Savior of the world!
For the times I refuse to open my heart
To the poor, the needy, and the suffering;
As I see your blood poured out for me,
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust