We Walk with the Lord
on the Way of the Cross
- We walk with the Lord on the Way of the Cross
- Prayer to begin our Way of the Cross
- 1 Jesus is Condemned to Death
- 2 Jesus Takes Up His Cross
- 3 Jesus Falls the First Time
- 4 Jesus Meets His Mother
- 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his Cross
- 6 Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus
- 7 Jesus Falls a Second Time
- 8 Jesus Comforts the Women of Jerusalem
- 9 Jesus Falls a Third Time
- 10 Jesus is Stripped of his Garments
- 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross
- 12 Jesus Dies on the Cross
- 13 Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross
- 14 Jesus is Placed in the Tomb
- Final Prayer: Christ is Risen!
We praise you, O Christ,
and we bless you
Because by your Cross
You have redeemed the world.
Lord, with you we were buried,
We were baptized into your death.
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us.
It is now evening. In great haste
Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus
Wrap your body in a linen shroud
With a mixture of aloes and myrrh,
As in the custom.
Nearby is a garden with a new tomb
Hewn from the rock.
It is Preparation day for the great feast,
And since this tomb is close at hand
They hurriedly place your body there,
And roll a stone against the entrance.
Lord, we were buried with you,
So that as you were raised from the dead
And taken up into glory,
We too might walk in newness of life.
For all the times I have sinned,
My many sins that were buried with you,
As I think of you three days in the tomb
I ask forgiveness.
Lord Jesus, be merciful to me, a sinner!
By Patrick Sayles, SSC, The Prayer Trust