1924 – 100 Points of Light

The Columbans continued their development of the campus at Silver Creek throughout early 1924, with an eye to making Silver Creek their center in the Eastern U.S.A. The Bishop of Buffalo blessed the Saint Columban’s Preparatory College at Silver Creek in the autumn of 1924, on the Feast of the Holy Rosary. The initial class of 24 students began their courses in an old farmhouse on the property in October of 1924. Silver Creek had begun its storied history as a center for Columban formation.

About us

Columban logoThe Columbans are a society of missionaries, including priests and lay people, who minister to people of various cultures as a way of witnessing to the universal love of God.

We go in the name of the Church to announce, by deed and word, the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Quick Contact

Missionary Society of St. Columban
P.O. Box 10
St, Columbans, NE 68056
Phone: 877-299-1920
Fax: 402-291-4984
email: mission@columban.org